Learn how to make authetntic italian pizza base doughs thanks to our handy recipe.
Main ingredients : flour, oil, water, yeast
- 175g strong bread flour
- 175g 0’0 flour
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 15g fast acting yeast
- 200ml warm water
- 2 pinches of salt
- Take your stand mixer and add the dough hook attachment. Add all the ingredients except the water. Begin mixing on a slow setting and add water bit-by-bit until you achieve a soft and pliable dough. It is better to add too much water, than not enough. You can always add more flour if the dough becomes too wet.
- Cover the dough, in a bowl, and leave to rise for approximately 1hr and 30mins. The dough should have doubled in size.
- After the first proving, divide the dough into four pieces. Put them on a tray – each one positioned with enough room around it – and leave them until they double in volume.
- Once the dough is ready, roll into a small circular shape. Using the weight of the dough, and the back of your hands, stretch it out to create a large round disk. Top with passata, being careful to leave at least 1cm of uncovered dough on the edges of the circle. Add your desired topping. When finished, put in a preheated oven at 250° and cook directly on a preheated pizza stone for a few minutes.
Once your dough is finished and you're ready to cook, preheat your smeg oven and pizza stone Smeg pizza stone for perfect stonebaked pizza in just a few minutes using 4 simple steps.